Friday, September 7, 2007

Unforgettable Philippine TV Ads

While watching TV tonight, the new Bench commercial appeared on screen with Richard Gomez as one of the celebrity-endorsers along with his spouse Lucy, Piolo, Bruce, Kim & Gerald, et al. He's still in a familiar scene -- he's on a boat rowing, just like the old Bench commercial, I think more than a decade ago.

This prompted me to browse YouTube for some oldies but goodies commercials of the Philippine TV. Thanks to the one who uploaded these vids, you made my day (and night) hehe

Some of my favorites are in this "compilation":



The last one with the "Goodbye, Carlo Hotdog Commercial" was so sikat during my elementary days... I can associate this ad with my good buddy, Kaloy. (Oi, Karl nag start na ko blogging hehe)

Truly, commercials we see today on TV have become better and better but there are those that we still love to see despite being outdated but when you play it even a hundred times, you'd never get tired of watching all over again.

Some of the more recent ads I've seen on local TV that caught my attention are the Makulay ang Buhay by Knorr:



This one is so COOL! The San Mig commercial with Jet Li and the Pambansang Kamao being surrounded by hot babes...



And who could forget this classic San Mig commercial?



Sabado nights! This has made Ina Raymundo one of the most sought-after local female celebrities during that time....

Another classic... This commercial was sikat circa 1987... I think I was still in Grade 1 that time (I was 5 years old then). We still used to have the Black & White TV with only two channels to tune in -- RPN and PTV (now NBN)... Take a look at these beauties from the 80's...



There are still lots of vids of classic ads online, just search for them at your own risk... hehe!

Hope you enjoyed this post... Don't forget to leave some comments. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

- "nag start na ko blogging hehe.."

I hear ya..
I read ya.. diay.. ;)


try ni..
http://www.google.com/reader

Juan said...

what's with it, kaloy? hehe!

will try it later after our exams :-)

thanks for visiting